Redwood House is a supported living service for young adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs.
The home provides a warm, safe, comfortable environment for each tenant to integrate with other young adults and a full staff team. Redwood House is a spacious detached 6 bedroom service across 2 floors. The home is close to Broadstone town centre & within short driving distance of Bournemouth on the edge of the New Forest. ‘
WE SUPPORT A RANGE OF INDIVIDUALS:
• Learning Disabilities
• Behaviours that can challenge
• Male and Female
• Ages 18-25 We treat every young adult as an individual and at Redwood House they can settle into a pattern and routine which works best for them and for their families. Tenants are encouraged to join local clubs and groups and to maintain links and friendships with others to promote social inclusion.
Redwood House is registered with CQC to deliver Personal Care under our Dorset Domiciliary Care Agency. Our services can be found on the CQC website here.
Aims and Objectives:
• We are committed to delivering quality care to young people and adults in their own home. The agency will listen and react positively to individual needs and wishes, therefore will not discriminate due to personal attributes.
• We are committed to ensuring that young people and adults’ rights are respected and protected and that children, young people or adults are supported to meet their individual goals and aspirations.
• We are committed to assisting young people and adults to access their local community amenities such as shops, clubs, cinemas, religious buildings and other places to meet people.
• We aim to support young people in a positive way which will allow the individual to make choices and decisions that affect their lives.
• We are aware that staff employed by the agency are guests in Service User’s homes therefore we will ensure that our staff respect service users homes and that the policy of respect is adhered to at all times.
• We want to make sure that the services provided in the young people and adults homes meets the needs identified for them to be safe and secure, and as part of this commitment we will ensure that we work with the young people and adults so that they are supported to understand associated risk taking.
• We will also work with the young people and adults to design their care plans, personal centred plans, and any plans that will assist in meeting their needs and choices.
• We will ensure that all care and support plans that are used as tools of assistance in young people and adults lives are in a format that ensures inclusion and understanding of the individual’s needs.
• The format of the person’s care plan will be tailored to individual needs to ensure understanding.
• We will ensure that care and support plans are monitored and reviewed regularly in accordance with the changing needs of the individual, and in line with their wishes and the organisational policy.
• We understand that care and support plans should be continually developed with input from young people and adults, who will own their care and support plans.
• We will ensure that the staff team members are skilled to meet the needs of the individual and that they have the qualifications, knowledge and training required to support young people and adults and meet the specific needs of the individual
• We will ensure that the staff employed by the agency, are able to meet the personal, cultural, religious and specific needs of the person being supported. The agency understands and respects the right of the individual to make choices on who they wish to be supported by.
• We will ensure that young people and adults and those people that are significant in their lives are aware of the complaint procedures and have the confidence to raise issues of concern or complaint.
• We are committed to working in a positive and flexible manner with those that are significant in the individuals life, these include family, friends, care managers and other health professionals.
If you would like to receive a copy of the full statement of purpose please email:
Click here to download our service brochure