Birkenhead, Merseyside CH43
Phone: 0151 651 2180
This comprises of two services in neighbouring properties – an independent flat scheme and a 6 bedroom shared house.
This service is for anyone who wishes to acquire new skills to enable independent living or someone who has had a spell in hospital or through poor health or disability needs to regain some skills and confidence that they have lost.
It is for people who may have been struggling to manage in their current home environment and need some support to remain independent.
It is also for individuals who have been in longer term services but their needs have changed or if someone has particular goals around improving their well being and wants to look at ways of promoting this through receiving support to enable them to do it for themselves.
Upon admission a support and enablement plan is developed and is based upon goals and outcomes an individual wants to achieve. These goals can typically be around:
• Managing and maintaining nutrition
• Maintaining personal hygiene or managing continence needs
• Being appropriately clothed
• Being able to make use of the home safely
• Maintaining a habitable home environment
• Developing and maintaining family or other personal relationships
• Accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
• Making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community
The service is focused on the following principles:
• Enabling service users to live as independently as possible in a safe and supportive environment.
• Involving the service user in all decisions regarding their service delivery
• Develop the individual’s capacity to live independently following a enablement programme designed to meet their individual need.
• Promote self-respect and avoid discriminatory practices in all situations.
• Maintain service users confidentiality
• Promote genuine collaborative working with the individual, existing support networks and other relevant agencies.